1. What is master repository?
Ans: deployment manager contains the MASTER configuration and application files. All updates to the configuration files should go through the deployment manager.
2. Tell me IHS executable files, means bin directory files?
Ans: Apache, ApacheMonitor, htpasswd, htdigest, htdbm, ldapstash, httpd.exe
3. Why given the httpd.conf file to installation of plug-in?
Ans: identify the web server (port, virtual hosts) to configure the web server definition
4. How to configure remote system httpd.conf file?
Ans: select web server machine (remote)
5. Several types of log files in the appserver?
Ans: system out, system err, trace, native out , native err, activity.
6. websphere packages?
Ans: express, base, network deployment
7. What is the profile?
Ans: profiles are a set of files that represent a websphere application server configuration.
8. What is the trace?
Ans: A trace is an informational record that is intended for service engineers or developers to use. As such, a trace record might be considerably more complex, verbose and detailed than a message entry.
9. What is heap memory?
Ans: Objects storage space for objects references created at run time in a jvm is heap memory.
10. Out of memory exception is there, how to handle that exception?
Ans: To incrise heap memory size
11. What about IHS?
Ans: IHS (IBM HTTP Server) is one of the web servers. It serves the static content only and it takes up only http requests.
12. What about plug-in?
Ans: plug-in is one of the modules it is interface between application server and web server, the plug-in process receives the request from the client first. If the request is for dynamic content, the plug-in diverts the request to the websphere application server. If the request is for static content, the plug-in forwards it to the Http server.
13. What is the global security?
Ans: it provides the authentication and authorization for websphere application server domain (administration client or console).
14. How to configure the global security?
Ans: open console and then select security option in the right side menu, and then select localOs registry in the user registry, then enter the username, passwords. And again select global security then ltpa option then provide the password, then save the configuration. And restart the deployment server and then relogin the console.
15. What is SSL?
Ans: ssl is a protocol for providing encrypted data communications between two processes.
16. What is PMI? How to configure PMI?
Ans: monitoring and tuning–>PMI–>select any process (server1, nodeagent, dmgr) and then enable PMI–>then apply and then save. Select performance viewer–>current activity and then select enabled process and click the start monitoring button after that process select.
17. What is the UNIX command of all display server processes?
Ans: ps –ef| grep java
18. What is node?
Ans: logical group of servers.
19. How to start the server?
Ans: startserver.sh server1
20. How you get nodeagent……what you have to install to get nodeagent?
Ans: Custom Profile
21. How to add the node?
Ans: addnode.sh 8879
22. What is the application server?
Ans: The application server provides a runtime environment in which to deploy, manage, and run j2ee applications.
23. What is the node?
Ans: A node corresponds to a physical computer system with a distinct IP host address.The node name is usually the same as the host name for the computer.
24. What is the node?
Ans: A node corresponds to a physical computer system with a distinct IP host address. The node name is usually the same as the host name for the computer.
25. How many types of profiles are in nd product?
Ans: 1.deployment manager profiles 2.application server profiles 3.custom profile
26. What is diffrence b/w dmgr and other profiles?
Ans: dmgr app custom
1.its used for administration 1.admin console is there 1.plain node purpose of remaining profiles 2.initially one app server there 2.empty node 2.it supports the distributed 3.work independently environment. 4. Put applications 3.it is not included app server 4.admin console is there 5.work independently 6.do not put applications
27. Diff b/w 5.0 and 6.0?
Ans: Web Sphere Studio 3.5, comes up with Visual Age for Java. WSAD 5.0 supports J2EE 1.3 java specifications. RAD 6.0 supports J2EE 1.4 and integrated with Eclipse 3.0, UML Visual Editor, Tomcat Jakarta, Ant scripting, EJB universal test client and SOA tools.
28. What is the difference between web server and application server?
Ans: Application Server: takes care of Security, Transaction, Multithreading, Resource pooling, load balancing, clustering, performance, highly availability, scalability, etc. Exposes business logic to client applications through various protocols, possibly including HTTP. Supports deployment of .war and .ear files Application server = web server + EJB container.
29. Diff b/w weblogic and websphere?
Ans: Both BEA Weblogic and IBM’s WebSphere provide J2EE based application servers which are competitors. WebSphere leverages more on connectivity issues with MQ and legacy systems with strong dominance in J2EE.
30. Some problem is there in web server, so this information which log file contain?
Ans: http.log, plugin.log
31. What is jdbc?
Ans: jdbc is a low level pure java api used to execute sql statements.
32. What is datasource?
Ans: A data source is associated with a jdbc provider that supplies the specific jdbc driver implementation class
33. What is diff b/w type4 and type2?
Ans: type4 type2
1. It is pure java oriented 1.it is not a pure java oriented driver 2.require client side software 2.no need any client software
34. Some application not accessing, so what is the problem? This information which log file contains?
Ans: systemout, systemerr
35. In type3 client software which machine you have install?
Ans: server side machine
36. two databases there (oracle and db2),so I want 3 datasources for oracle and 2 data sources for db2 so create 3 datasource names for oracle and 2datasourcename for db2 is possible or not?
37. What is jndi?
Ans: we can register resources in the application server’s java naming and directory interface (jndi) namespace. Client applications can then obtain the references to these resource objects in their programs.
38. Why use the boostrap port number?
Ans: client applications use the bootstrap port to access websphere’s built-in object request broker (orb) to use enterprise java beans in applications installed on the application server. The java naming and directory interface service provider url used by the client application needs to reference the bootstrap port to obtain an initial context for looking up ejb’s it wants to use. (For communicate two servers)
39. What are the appserver components?
Ans: admin server, web container, ejb container,j2c service, naming server, messaging engine, security server.
40. LDAP port number?
Ans: 389 or 636
41. How to start the server?
Ans: startserver.sh server1
42. Packages of websphere?
Ans: express, base, network deployment
43. What is webcontainer?
Ans: The web container provides a runtime environment for servlets, jsp’s, javabeans, and static content.
44. How to find out free diskspace from command prompt?
Ans: du -sk (kb) du -sm (mb)
45. How to find out certain server configuration details like port no, server name, node name, pid?
Ans: through admin console.
46. Configure the plug-in through admin console is possible or not?
47. Where to set the path?
Ans: environments–>websphere variables
48. How many types of installations?
59. Application installed but not working. What are troubleshooting steps?
Ans: see jvm & application are up, check plugin-cfg.xml file for the root context used by the web application if it does not exist generate plugin and restart web server.
50. Applications installed fine, also generated plugin, but application still not working, in this case which log to see?
51. Default admin port?
Ans: 9060, ssl 9043
52. Default bootstrap port?
53. How to hit application without hitting the web server?
Ans: webcontainer port on application server
54. In how many ways you can perform administration?
55. No of ways of doing deployments?
Ans: Admin console…..jython (jacl) scripts
56. What is CellDiscoveryAddress
Ans: Node uses this port to talk to DMGR
57. What is NodeDiscoveryAddress
Ans: DMGR uses this port to talk to node
58. How websphere discovers a change in JSP and compiles it?
Ans: There is an algorithm that websphere uses to find the timestamp of .jsp and .class files. It checks that timestamp of .class file is always later than its corresponding .jsp file.
59. What is classloader?
60. how do you specify a jar file to be used by the application, consider that you have many jar files in your system?
61. What is a managed node?
Ans: Node with NodeAgent
62. What is a managed webserver?
Ans: Remote webserver access through local (dmgr/cell)