you may get “Application already exists in the configuration repository” error while trying to deploy a application to websphere application server.
This error can come under following conditions:
- Deploying an application and it already exists
- Re-Deploying an application whose deployment failed before for some reason
- undeployment failed but there is no reference of the application in admin console
For example, you are deploying a large application using wsadmin and got a soap timeout or out of memory before application is saved. Then you change the timeout/heap and try to deploy your applciation… in this case above error can come.
- Stop the target JVM
- Delete all the contents of temp and wstempfolder.
- Go to WAS_INSTALL_DIR\profiles\<profileName>\config\cells\<cellName>\nodes\<nodeName>\
- Edit the file serverindex.xml for an entry for our application within the tag<deployedApplications>xxx.ear</deployedApplications> (delete this line)
- Do a search for your ear file in the file system and delete all the occurrences of the XXX.earfolder
- Restart WAS
- deploy the application